[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Fails To Start on Reboot Mysql

Greg - Cirelle Enterprises gcirino at cirelle.com
Mon Dec 20 11:42:28 MST 2004

At 01:06 PM 12/20/04, you wrote:
>Even if MySQL RealTime fails to connect to the database server on Asterisk
>startup, Asterisk will continue to load. I just tested successfully tested
>this.
>
>MySQL RealTime will try to re-connect upon any further RealTime code
>execution.
>
>-Matthew

my installation of FC1 i could not connect with asterisk -rvvvvvv

this persisted until i did an /etc/init.d/asterisk restart then it
would fail, then start, and the phones would work as well as connecting
with asterisk -r

the mysql was starting S78  and asterisk was starting S60 so i changed
asterisk to S79 and all is well.

The reason I am going through all this is to find out why registration
of our 2 grandstream phones fail after a bunch of hours, when
using the realtime setup.

not a problem when using the .conf files.

greg