[Asterisk-Users] One SIP peer use 2 diff codecs?

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Mon Dec 20 10:57:51 MST 2004

Matt Schulte wrote:

>Now that I finally have someones attention :) I can explain the rest.
>The problem is I'm sending calls out through SER (with digest of
>course). So in my sip.conf I have:
>
>[sipfarm]
>insecure=very ; Because SER inbound doesn't know how to auth
>host=blah.blah.net
>type=peer
>context=incoming
>username=+1314XXXXXXX
>secret=XXXXXXXXXXX
>canreinvite=no
>disallow=all
>allow=g729
>allow=ulaw
>

>The problem is I have to Dial(SIP) *and* pass digest auth to SER, which
>means I have to specify host=blah.blah.net in sip.conf for sipfarm.
>Unless there's a way to pass Digest via Dial(SIP) cmd... two peers
>inbound won't work because host= will always match..
>
>Ideas? Thanks for your input :-)

For one thing a type=peer is only for outgoing calls from Asterisk.  If
SER can't auth on username/secret that you can't do what you want to do
since there is no way to figure out which user/friend should catch the
call.

If SER can specifcy the allowed codecs on a per call basis then just
diallow all other codecs other than ulaw for FAX calls.

--Eric