[Asterisk-Users] Skinny bug / missing feature, who is the maintainer?

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Mon Dec 20 02:18:22 MST 2004

Hi List!

I'm trying to get the Kirk IP600 (DECT Wireless phones) to work with *
using the Skinny protocol (chan_sccp doesn't work, the phones do not
register and I don't know how to debug this).

Basically the phones are able to place calls but not to receive calls. The
extension is ringing for the calling party but the handsets do not ring.

By putting the IP600 in debug mode and with help from Kirk support it
turns out that Skinny is not parsing one particular item that is required.

This is what I received from Kirk support:
---quote---
In proportion to the Cisco Callmanager one signal is missing. That is the
reason why the incomming call failed.

Asterix Serveren send STATION_CALLSTATE (0x0111) containing CallState:
TsRingIn Kirk Wireles 600 wait for the server should send
STATION_CALLINFO. These message never comes!
The call times out and the server close down the call with
STATION_CALLSTATE cointaining CallState: TsOnHook.

That is the reason the incomming call does not success.
---unquote---

Does anybody have an idea why * Skinny doesn't send STATION_CALLINFO and
how to fix it? Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
Remco Barendse