[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID - TE405P - Telstra Onramp 10 - Australia

David Uzzell asterisk-list at uzzell.com.au
Sun Dec 19 23:14:53 MST 2004

Nathan Alberti wrote:
> I am having problems getting incoming caller id to work on a Telstra
> Onramp 10.
>
> I have changed "/DEFAULT_CIDRINGS 2"/
>
> Is there something i'm missing ?
>
> My Cisco 7960 just shows "asterisk"
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nathan
<SNIP>
> linux*CLI> show channel Zap/2-1
> -- General --
>          Name: Zap/2-1
>          Type: Zap
>      UniqueID: 1103473308.3
>     Caller ID: (N/A)
>   DNID Digits: (N/A)
>         State: Up (6)
>         Rings: 1
>  NativeFormat: 72
>   WriteFormat: 8
>    ReadFormat: 8
> 1st File Descriptor: 12
>     Frames in: 1224
>    Frames out: 1986
> Time to Hangup: 0
>  Elapsed Time: 0h0m24s

I know this might be a basic answer, but have you confirmed that CID is
enabled and working on the onramp?

I know when I dealt with T for an OnRamp 30 18months ago it was ordered
with CID enabled but did not work for weeks when it should have. When T
was chalanged about the problem it was found out that it was not enabled
:( They enabled it and all the problems went away.

Might be worth a thought anyway.

David