[Asterisk-Users] [Asterisk-Dev] RE: [Asterisk-biz] Asterisk training andcertification :: AstriconTraining

David Uzzell asterisk-list at uzzell.com.au
Sun Dec 19 18:44:49 MST 2004

Brian West wrote:
> I feel this is a slap in the face for those of us that have been here and I
> don't feel I should HAVE to pay to be certified...  I think me and MANY
> others are about to walk out of the project over this.  I have already
> spoken with many people that are close to the project.  You're hurting US
> and our ability to make money.  I still know the code better than most of
> the people that will be paying to be certified.  You're pushing it here.

Well from a newbies point of view I hope you don't pull out cause I
still need help and you guys that have been around and know it backwards
are a great help with setup and problems.

> I REFUSE TO PAY!!!  I know you guys mean well but you didn't take any of us
> into account that know this software and know it well.

I would have thought that it would be a great idea if in the process of
setting this idea up they would need worldwide transer and people on the
dev and long timer helpers on users list would have been prime place to
find those people.

Might have been an idea to come up with a Testing course first for those
who think they are good enough and if they are they can pass and become
the support/trainers for * in the future.

Just my thoughts.

And as I said above Please don't leave you guys are way to mucch support
for us newbies!

David