[Asterisk-Users] TDMoE or IAX?

Nicolas Bougues nbougues-listes at axialys.net
Sun Dec 19 14:30:00 MST 2004

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 06:56:19PM +1100, Eric Bishop wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Information on this topic seems a little scarce, so I thought I'd try
> the list....
>
> Apart from the the coolness factor can anyone explain to me in what
> situation one would use TDMoE rather than IAX for communication
> betwwen 2 Asterisk servers?

I thing that you're mostly better with IAX between 2 Asterisk
servers. TDMoE, however, is not limited to Asterisk. It's part of
zaptel.

You can use it to transport a TDM link over an Ethernet network (or
IP, with some kind of tunneling), and get it back as a TDM link on the
other side (with proper hardware).

--
Nicolas Bougues
Axialys Interactive