[Asterisk-Users] ztcfg seg faulting

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Sun Dec 19 13:49:29 MST 2004

I am running * in a development environment, adding functionality as I
go.

The * box has a X100P card in it which ztcfg enabled as channel 1 with
fxsks signalling (fxsks=1).

Everything worked fine and I was able to make inbound and outbound calls
to/from the PSTN, the only issue being that some exchanges wouldn't
handle the dtmf signalling, but I put that down to a peculiarity with
some AU exchanges and I was able to overcome it by using pulsedial
signalling.

Anyway, I thought I would next slip in a PCI USB card so that I could
use the USB analogue converter thingy, so I stop the * box and drop in
the card and reboot.

At this stage I hadn't adjusted /etc/zaptel.conf to cater for the extra
channel, but when I rebooted the box ztcfg suddenly complained that it
couldn't find the existing X100P card; the error message was something
like:
ZT_CHANCONFIG cannot config channel 1 - no such device
not exactly that but you should get the idea.

At this stage I went back to square one and ripped out the USB card, but
to no effect, and this made me think that the X100P card had gone belly
up, but why that would happen between reboots is a mystery.

I then decided to put the USB card back in, comment out the reference to
the fxsks signalling for the X100P on channel 1, and put in the
signalling line for the USB device on channel 2 (fxoks=2).

No good, ztcfg now complains that:
ZT_CHANCONFIG cannot config channel 2 - no such device

Now that makes me think that there might be nothing wrong with the X100P
card but that the problem is more software related.

I have tried recompiling the zaptel source and re-installing but to no
avail.  The version of zaptel is CVS which I downloaded on 3 Dec.  Now,
when I run ztcfg I get a seg fault.

The only change that has been made to this box recently is to run
up2date to update the rpm packages (Fedora Core 2) but there was nothing
updated that could have impacted in the re-compile of zaptel.

BTW, running kudzu on this box to discover hardware found the X100P card
(which it describes as "Individual Computers - Jens Schoenfeld|Intel
537") and it find the USB thingy which it describes as many things
(lsusb describes it as:
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 06e6:831c Tiger Jet Network, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000).

Has anyone any advise on this matter.

--
Howard.