[Asterisk-Users] TDM120 card?

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Sun Dec 19 11:17:29 MST 2004

Jim Van Meggelen wrote:
> asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
>
>>hi
>>
>>any chance of making asterisk support these?
>>
>>http://voipstore.atacomm.com/shops/ViewItem.aspx/27934028032-3835624908
>
> 8.htm
>

> According to the manufacturer, they already do:
>
> http://www.ipvolution.com/

NOTE: I have very few FACTS to back this information up.  Take it with a
grain of salt.

As I understand it Atacomm was unhappy with Digium's lack of on-board
DSP and decided to design and build their own compatable card with
on-board DSP hardware.  Many people have discussed doing this.  Atacomm
is the only company that I know of that has actually done it.

Personally I don't really approve of a company just taking Digium's
design and cloning it. Based on the information on ipvolution.com, it
doesn't look like that's what Atacomm is doing.  Their board is at least
significantly different from the Digium products.  I do think their
similar part numbers will cause a lot of confusion.  I DO think that the
larger the number of different products that support Asterisk the better.

I have not purchased anything from Atacomm.  For the products that I
need their prices are not low as I can get from my own distributers.
The Atacom person on #asterisk on IRC seems OK.  Anyone that owns a
small business has to be at least a little bit crazy, of course, but he
seems like a decent chap.

--Eric

--
I am seeking part or full time employment in the Greater Toronto Area,
My preference is part time employment with some telecommuting, but all