[Asterisk-Users] VoicemailMain can't read from phone keyboard!

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Sun Dec 19 11:04:57 MST 2004

Steven Wang wrote:
> Hello
>
> I try to set up voicemails for extension. When VoicemailMain gets called, it
> prompts for mailbox and password. It seems not able to read from the phone.
> So the authentication always fails.

This is almost ALWAYS a DTMF problem.  Usually a DTMF mode mismatch
between the phone and Asterisk.  For most phones you want to use RFC2833
for both the phone and for the entry for that phone in sip.conf.

--Eric
--
I am seeking part or full time employment in the Greater Toronto Area,
My preference is part time employment with some telecommuting, but all