[Asterisk-Users] call waiting/ 3 way calling

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Sun Dec 19 11:02:21 MST 2004

mohammad wrote:
> I have an Asterisk with 10 "SIP" ip-phones, our pbx features are now: Voicemail and Call Transfer.
> How can I serve both "Call Waiting / 3 way calling" for our SIP Phones.?/

This is what I call one of the "dirty little secrets of SIP".  On SIP
phones (and H323) all the call control is done by the PHONE itself, not
by the PBX.  Some SIP phones do not even support 3-way calling or
supervised transfers (the BT101 comes to mind).  There really isn't
anything Asterisk can do to make it work if the phone does not support
the feature.

--Eric

--
I am seeking part or full time employment in the Greater Toronto Area,
My preference is part time employment with some telecommuting, but all