[Asterisk-Users] Connecting Siemens HiCom PBX with Asterisk through E1

Jens Kübler cleanerx at au.hadiko.de
Sun Dec 19 07:13:00 MST 2004

Hi

I've bought the Wildcard TE110 some days ago but I'm unable to get it to work
with Siemens HiCom 300.

I've tried this so far:
1. I've used standard cat5 cable cut off on one edge and twisted wires 1 to 4
and 2 to 3 which is according to cisco a short circuit for E1 lines. Wildcard
takes a few seconds and sets the link to green (OK).
2. I've tried to connect our running E1 line from the telco with wildcard. The
modem (modulates HDSL to G703 120 Ohms). I've used a 1:1 cable that did not
work. I even tried to connect the copper wires by hand which resulted that
the modem gave me a green power light but Wildcard stayed on a waving red
light.
3. I have plugged out our running PBX and connected it to Wildcard which
resulted in a green light for one second and then the state from zttool
switched to yellow (and Wildcard to constant red light).

The protocol used by the modem is hdb3 and /etc/zaptel.conf is adjusted
according to this.

Can anyone clarify the different protocol layers and when fails what?
When occurs the green light? Must protocol layer2 be established or even
higher or is it just a layer1 link light. Please help me out.

Jens