[Asterisk-Users] Phone choices....opinion request Polycom vs Cisco

w fm3 wfm3 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 19 05:52:40 MST 2004

Hi

I am struggling with hardware choices to get started with. My options are
narrowed down to SIP phones - Polycom IP500, IP600 and Cisco 7940G.

of importance is:

- functionality / integration with asterisk
- headset functionality and use
- voice quality
- build quality

Is there much of a difference between Polycom and Cisco? Scanning the group
it looks like there may be slightly  more issues with Polycom but I don't
know how they stack up on the integration with Asterisk and future
flexability.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

Walt