[Asterisk-Users] call screening

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at Asterisk.Open.Source.IT
Sun Dec 19 03:20:24 MST 2004

On Sunday 19 December 2004 10:13, hadi wrote:

> Yes
> U can do it with asterisk and by dialing *98 on your Ip Phone you can
> listen to your message

No, that's voicemail.  ie: The caller leaves a message and hangs up, then you
retreive the message later.

The OP wanted to be able to hear the incoming call as it happens, and then
decide whether or not to pick up the phone and talk to the caller (much like
you can do with many answering machines).

Antony.

--
I own three Windows books, published by O'Reilly.   They are "Windows
Annoyances", "Office 97 Annoyances" and "Windows 98 Annoyances".   That

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.