[Asterisk-Users] Q about IAX (and IAXy)

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at Asterisk.Open.Source.IT
Sat Dec 18 18:44:43 MST 2004

On Sunday 19 December 2004 01:41, Nabeel Jafferali wrote:

> Thanks for all the info so far!
>
> > Therefore a NAT device between two IAX systems has only a
> > single channel, on a well-known port number, to deal with,
> > and this is simple to do.
>
> So then how does IAX deal with the equivalent of SIP reinvites? Or are
> all IAX calls' audio carried through the * server?

IAX stands for Inter-Asterisk eXchange :)

See if http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-IAX+versus+SIP or the links from that
help as well.

Antony.

--
"When you talk about Linux versus Windows, you're talking about which
operating system is the best value for money and fit for purpose. That's a

 - Steve Vamos, MD of Microsoft Australia

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.