[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk Crackly Bad quality

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Sat Dec 18 19:44:16 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 13:11 +1100, David Uzzell wrote:

> I have * running on Mandrake 10.1 and I to had similar problems in the
> begging but as soon as I had ztdummy configured correctly everything
> seemed to just fall into place and work with IAX and *, not that I have
> got a perfect dialplan as that confuse's me but hey thats another subject.

The problems you had and were resolved with ztdummy, were they primarily
IAX related ?

Since, after all, the main channels relying on special timers are
Meetme, IAX and (maybe) MusicOnHold according to
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+timer

Just want to be sure, since I still believe my mere demo playback
issue likely has a different reason ...

Thanks, Bruno.