[Asterisk-Users] Q about IAX (and IAXy)

Nabeel Jafferali nabeel at jafferali.net
Sat Dec 18 17:46:31 MST 2004

> As Per The WiKi:
>
> IAX sends both command information and voice data over the same
> connection. This allows it th transverse a NAT seamlessly.
>
> As for Double NAT, My setup is:
> Home PBX <----[Wireless]----> ISP WiFi NAT
> <----[Ethernet]----> Primary NAT <----[Ethernet]----> Work PBX
>
> So, Yes it will work over double NAT, I can send and receive calls at
> home. In fact, I call my wife all the time from work.

Thanks very much for your quick reply. So I assume the remote * server
simply replied to the IAX client to the port from which the commands
appear to have been initiated, thereby solving the problem of NAT
mapping.

Besides the IAXy, are there any other IAX adapter devices? Any being
planned?

I realize the IAXy came out a little while ago - are there any obvious
features missing from it? Where's a good place to pick up 4-5 of these
(I'm in Canada)?

--
Nabeel Jafferali
tel: 647.722.8457 x201