[Asterisk-Users] Q about IAX (and IAXy)

Christopher Dobbs crdobbs at eracew.net
Sat Dec 18 17:36:11 MST 2004

As Per The WiKi:

IAX sends both command information and voice data over the same connection.
This allows it th transverse a NAT seamlessly.

As for Double NAT, My setup is:
Home PBX <----[Wireless]----> ISP WiFi NAT <----[Ethernet]----> Primary
NAT <----[Ethernet]----> Work PBX

So, Yes it will work over double NAT, I can send and receive calls at home.
In fact, I call my wife all the time from work.

--
Christopher Dobbs