[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk Crackly Bad quality

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Sat Dec 18 16:25:55 MST 2004

Keith O'Brien wrote:
>> I highly suggest you work on getting either the RTC or USB driver loaded
>> to provide timing if you don't already have a PSTN card for that job.
> I am having a similar problem.  Can someone point me to the procedure to
> install these virtual drivers for timing.   I searched the wiki but came
> up empty.

The URL you are looking for is:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+timer

Excerpt from that page:

How to get a working timer

     * A Digium ZAPTEL INTERFACE has working timers.
     * If you don't have Digium hardware, there are two replacements:

           o ztdummy (in the standard zaptel distribution on the
Asterisk CVS) on 2.4 Linux kernel uses USB-UHCI timers in USB drivers on
platforms with UHCI USB support...

           o zaprtc found on http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/ uses the
real time clock in the PC instead...

--