[Asterisk-Users] Problem with 302 "Moved Temporarily" Do not disturb

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Sat Dec 18 14:05:19 MST 2004

I have some Cisco 7905 phones with the SIP load 1.02.00(040406A).

When the phone is off-hook but no call has been placed, or when the Do
Not Disturb is activated, the phone returns a 302 "Moved Temporarily"
message back to asterisk as follows:

-----------

-- Executing Dial("SIP/5060-0811bb00", "SIP/9871234|20|Ttr") in new stack
-- Called 9871234
-- Got SIP response 302 "Moved Temporarily" back from 24.xx.xxx.6
-- Now forwarding SIP/5060-0811bb00 to 'Local/8500 at local' (thanks to SIP/9871234-b2ca)

-----------

This forwarding doesn't work because the Voice mail system does not know
which extension was originally dialed so I either get a "please enter
the mail box number" or, if it is a local extension originating the
call, a "You have no new messages" message.

First, I need to know if it is the Cisco phone, or Asterisk that is
automatically doing the forwarding? It certainly is not something I
setup in the dialplan.

Second, are their any ways to trap a 302 message in the dialplan so it
does the right thing?

Third, (if not), are there any work arounds or suggestions for this?

Thanks,
--
John Lange