[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Hardware

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 07:15:28 MST 2004

> I'm using the X-Lite soft phone, it has these codecs selected G711u G711a GSM, iLBC SPX. I'm not sure which one it ends up using though.
You can see which one by looking at the codecs above the dial during a
connection.

> I played with turning off all but GSM, and it didnt seem to make a noticeable difference.

X-Lite needs to have silence suppression turned off (as someone already noted):
Advanced  system settings ->
   Audio Settings ->
   Silence settings ->
   Transmit Silence: YES

Other than your sound card or codecs, (try ULAW) asterisk should sound
fine with X-Lite or any other software phone.