[Asterisk-Users] Re: Open Ports

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at Asterisk.Open.Source.IT
Sat Dec 18 06:29:28 MST 2004

On Saturday 18 December 2004 13:21, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:

> My home firewall allows my Asterisk PBX to send any UDP traffic to
> anyone, and keeps state, so they can answer.  It also specifically
> allows anyone to connect to UDP port 5060 on the PBX.

Interesting.   Does that allow other people to call you (first packets are
inbound) as well as you calling other people (first packets are outbound)?

I guess the first few packets from them to you might get dropped because they
don't match an "established" outbound connection, but as soon as you start
sending packets to them, your firewall will allow two-way flow...

Have you done this using netfilter?

Antony.

--
Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing left to add, but
rather when there is nothing left to take away.

 - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.