[Asterisk-Users] Using Digium cards for data+voice & Asterisk

Shahed shahed at enoor.com
Sat Dec 18 13:41:29 MST 2004

Hello All,

This is related to a thread "Integrated Access T1".

I know almost nothing about HDLC / accessing data
or IP with Digium cards, but I know that it is possible.

My question is :

If I wanted to use a T1 (or a fractional T1 [say 1 data + 1 tdm] )
and a Digium digital card, will I be able to use Asterisk to :-

1. Use the digital lines on the T1 for voice

2, Access the internet on the data channels (i.e
setup my linux asterisk server to be a router or gateway or
whatever is the correct term)

I want to know if I can do 1 & 2 above with :-

1. Just running asterisk, and using configuration operations
    to get all that done.

2. Run asterisk, but use the linux hdlc stuff and the
    digium drivers and have access to the voice and data
    lines at the same time.

3. Or are 1 & 2 mutually exclusive if I
    am runing asterisk, as the driver for the card
    will only work in 1 mode (voice or data) ??

4. I should read more wiki / google / search the archives etc
    before posting such questions.

Thanks
Shahed.