[Asterisk-Users] hdlc + te410p + kernel 2.6.9 - anyone done this?

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Sat Dec 18 01:43:19 MST 2004

niles at atheos.net wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2004, at 5:35 PM, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>>     Can anyone out there confirm as in "Yes I am doing this right now"
>> that this can be done?  I know that the stuff from 2.6 was backported
>> to 2.4.26 - and it works there (so says the wiki) but before I buy a
>> bunch of hardware (or don't buy hardware, depending on how you look at
>> it) I would love to know.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Kristian Kielhofner
>>

> Why so dead set on Kernel 2.6, if you know hdlc is working in 2.4 ?
> Niles

Niles,

	I don't want to start a war here, but there are several reasons:

1) I could always go to 2.4.26 if I REALLY needed to.
2) 2.4.26 is already several revs behind even the current 2.4 kernel.
When I am putting a system in place I don't want to be too far behind
before I even start.  Once it's there I am a "If it ain't broke..." kind
of person.
3) 2.6 is clearly where things are going (or, depending on who you ask,
ARE, PERIOD).  Additionally, I like several things in 2.6 like improved
ztdummy support, build improvements, better hyperthreading, and all of
the other nifty stuff the kernel gurus have been working on.
4) I was curious!

--
Kristian Kielhofner