[Asterisk-Users] Demo voice hickups.

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Fri Dec 17 19:12:37 MST 2004

Hi folks

I again built asterisk cvs with openh323 and pwlib janus as well
as chan_oh323, but this time on Debian Sarge since my passive
AVM Fritz card capi driver wouldn't work on FC3.

Anyway, while my original FC3 build seemed to work great, as far
as I can tell since I just did some initial steps to get acquainted
with it, on Debian there seems to be a problem.

More specifically, the demo voice which plays some introductory
stuff drops to silence now and again for a second or so. Noteworthy
is that no text is actually lost but only delayed at those particular
moments, which happen at maybe 10 sec intervals (but it's not very
regular, really).

On the other hand, the echo test worked superb, no voice drops,
very little latency, all great. So it's no bandwidth or machine
resource problem (all on LAN, 2GHz Pentium ...) Also, during
asterisk -vvvc startup the only warning I get is from some
'skinny', everything else looks alright.

Since I'm worrying this may happen with voicemail too (I didn't get
that far yet), I'd like to ask wether somebody maybe has had the
same problem and found a solution.

Just a wild guess: is there some external playback library involved,
where asterisk works best with a particular version?

Hints much appreciated, Bruno.