[Asterisk-Users] OT: "Integrated Access T1" voice problems - is this possible?

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Fri Dec 17 16:30:51 MST 2004

Mark Farver wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 16:26 -0600, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
>
>>	We are getting pricing and one provider is telling us that they have
>>quality issues with the "Integrated Access" product.  From what they say
>>it sounds like you can have audio dropouts on the voice channels when
>>the data channels are being pushed to the max.  I have never heard of
>>this.  It doesn't seem possible to me, and if at all, probably more of a
>>limitation in the CSU/DSU than in the actual T.  Isn't that what TDM is
>>all about - giving each channel it's afforded bandwidth?
>>

> The other method is to provision some of the 24 T1 channels as data,
> some as voice.  This is not very dynamic and typically you can only have
> one voice call per T1 channel.  So if your maximum number of active
> calls is 12, only half the T1 can be used for data... idle voice
> channels are wasted.

Mark,

	This is what we are doing - that is the only way they will do it for
us.  We are going to be 11 voice and the rest data - statically.  With
this scenario is it likely (or possible) that data traffic could impede
on the voice channels, thus causing audio problems on them?

--
Kristian Kielhofner