[Asterisk-Users] OT: "Integrated Access T1" voice problems - is this possible?

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Fri Dec 17 15:26:17 MST 2004

Hello,

	I am currently pricing out various T1 and PRI options for a client of
mine.  We need voice and data - we want T's.  Whether it be two seperate
T's, two superate fractional T's, or one combined fractional T, we need
it done.

	We are getting pricing and one provider is telling us that they have
quality issues with the "Integrated Access" product.  From what they say
it sounds like you can have audio dropouts on the voice channels when
the data channels are being pushed to the max.  I have never heard of
this.  It doesn't seem possible to me, and if at all, probably more of a
limitation in the CSU/DSU than in the actual T.  Isn't that what TDM is
all about - giving each channel it's afforded bandwidth?

	What do all the telco people out there think?

--
Kristian Kielhofner