[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Hardware

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at Asterisk.Open.Source.IT
Fri Dec 17 15:05:39 MST 2004

On Friday 17 December 2004 21:42, Nihal wrote:

> Does some hardware just not work very well with Asterisk?

Yes.   (or, no, depending on how you view the question....)

> I've got a fresh installation on a Fedora C2, P4x2, 2GB Ram.

Some people have reported problems with FC3, I don't know if FC2 is the
same...

> While listening to the demo over a softphone (over the LAN) I get a number
> of crackles and skips.
>
> IS THIS NORMAL FOR ASTERISK?

No.

> Or is it hardware related?

It may well be software related - try a real SIP phone instead of a softphone
and see if the problems persist.

Softphones are not as good as hardware SIP phones.

Regards,

Antony.

--
In Heaven, the police are British, the chefs are Italian, the beer is Belgian,
the mechanics are German, the lovers are French, the entertainment is

In Hell, the police are German, the chefs are British, the beer is American,
the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, the entertainment is Belgian,
and everything is organised by the Italians.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.