[Asterisk-Users] Total newbie here looking to do a VoIP conference call?

Patrick Campbell PCampbell at ourvacationstore.com
Fri Dec 17 14:00:41 MST 2004

I am looking to help out my company find a more budget conscious but
reliable way to hold conference calls between 5+ people.  4x a month we hold
several hour long conference calls during non-business hours.  All of the
employees have high speed internet.  Currently we dial up an AT&T conf using
regular analog phones.

I don't have a great grasp as to what Asterick is capable of, but my
thoughts were that perhaps with VoIP telephone lines (either hooked up to
the company's network or just using a 3rd party VoIP provider such as
Packet8, which is whatI have for personal use) and an Asterick server, that
we could setup a VoIP conference bridge.

Can someone enlighten an unknowledged as to whether or not this is possible,
and if so, how might it be done?  Would the Asterick server need X number of
VoIP lines?  I.e. If there's 10 participants, it'd need 10 VoIP lines?

Patrick Campbell
OurVacationStore.com
Website Administrator
pcampbell at ourvacationstore.com