[Asterisk-Users] Old posts and the ability to search...

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Fri Dec 17 10:38:44 MST 2004

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Gents,
>
> Just a passing thought... is there any reason why the ability
> to search the past posts on here isn't switched on?
>
> Just wondered, since it makes much more sense to be able to
> search the old archives if you have a problem, rather than
> ask the same question again and again...

Use Google and type in

site:lists.digium.com [whatever you are looking for]

Just replace the part in the brackets with whatever you wanted to search
for.

If I wanted to search for zapateller, I'd type in

site:lists.digium.com zapateller

Google would then restrict its search to lists.digium.com.

You can do the same for the wiki:
site:www.voip-info.org [search term(s)]

Works with any site, actually.