[Asterisk-Users] SNIMTA_SPAM Using the Directory Feature to play a menu

Boyd McKee "Mickey" Kamer mickey.kamer at optdatainc.com
Fri Dec 17 09:34:06 MST 2004

All my user accounts (mailboxes) have been setup. When an outside person
calls my asterisk server they can press 7 to hear a directory of
extensions starting at 601 and continues.

When prompted to enter the first three letters of the last name comes, I
enter the letters. When entered the voice for the mailbox is played I am
then asked to verify by pressing one (1). Once I do, asterisk fails to
dial the extension. And re-reads the options again never getting out of
the loop.

You can see my extensions.conf file as well as my voice mail at:
http://pastebin.ca/3059

I first started by installing asterisk with the fedora core 2 RPM's
released by a member of the asterisk community.

I was told possibly that those were no good. I then un-installed the RPM
rebooted cleaned up and trails, and reinstalled using the latest release
of the stable build. This is happening to both installs. I feel it is
something I am missing in my conf files but can not pin it down.

Thanks for the help.