[Asterisk-Users] Troubleshooting Asterisk

Paul Brock Paul at westcomuk.com
Fri Dec 17 05:32:30 MST 2004

Guys,

Ok - nowhere near as complex as most of the discussions on here ( ex telco
engr for 18 years here).. But thought I'd ask for some assistance.

Have just set up my first * Pbx - having a play with it and a couple of
Cisco 7960 (configured as SIP) phones.

The phones are tftp'ing into the server ok, and picking up the configs all
ok.

Everything _seems_ to be working, but I cant make any calls - either
internally or externally.

(apologies in advance for the copious code below)

Having a look, I have placed the following lines into the extensions.cfg
file to allow for the extensions to work.

[2001]

exten => 2001,1,Dial(SIP/2001,15,t)

exten => 2001,2,Voicemail(u2001)

exten => 2001,102,Voicemail(b2001)

exten => 2001,103,Hangup

[2002]

exten => 2002,1,Dial(SIP/2002,15,t)

exten => 2002,2,Voicemail(u2002)

exten => 2002,102,Voicemail(b2002)

exten => 2002,103,Hangup

then also in extensions.cfg, I have also set these to allow connection to
voiptalk:

exten => _0[1-9].,1,Dial(IAX2/USERID at voiptalk/44${EXTEN:1})

exten => _00.,1,Dial(IAX2/USERID at voiptalk/44${EXTEN:2})

exten => _09XX,1,Dial(IAX2/USERID at voiptalk/$EXTEN})

Then, since I'm using an IAX connection to voiptalk :

[voiptalk]

type=peer

username=USERID

secret=PW

host=iax.voiptalk.org

Sip config :

[2001]

type=friend

host=192.168.1.151 (phone IP address)

username=2001

secret=xxxx

context=from-sip

nat=yes

callgroup=2

pickupgroup=2

mailbox=2001

(and then the same other than the IP addr for extension 2002)

And the last things are the Phone configs from the TFTP files :

(Example is a basic one for one of the phones.)

Line1_name : 2001

Line1_authname: "2001"

Line1_password: "xxxx"

Now I can call the extensions from the console - they ring, and I can
answer..

   --Executing Dial("OSS/dsp", "SIP/2001|15|t") in new stack

--called 2001

--SIP/2001-c7b1 is ringing

--SIP/2001-c7b1 answered OSS/dsp

<<Console call has been answered>>

Dec 17 12:26:26 NOTICE[7078] : rtp.c:1193 ast_rtp_raw_write: RTP
Transmission error to <IPADDR>:23658: Network in unreachable

(plus another 12 messages the same)

==Spawn extension (local, 2001, 1) exited non-zero on 'OSS/dsp'

<<Hangup on console>>

Anyone got any ideas? Since it's my first setup, it's probably something
glaringly obvious that I've done wrong. But I'm starting to go stir-crazy
about it..

Thanks in advance

Paul