[Asterisk-Users] Hardware based DSP

Miroslav Nachev miro at space-comm.com
Fri Dec 17 04:26:07 MST 2004

   Dear Shahed,

   If you use hardware DSP for encoding and decoding you will need of
less power Host CPU. There are no difference for what you will use
these codecs - I mean conference or single conversation, because for
conference all codecs are converted to G.711, then mixed and then back
to the original codec for each party of conference group. So, if you
would like to to conference with software coding you will need of very
power computer.

   Best Regards,
   Miroslav Nachev