[Asterisk-Users] ADSI programming/TDM400P issues

Chris W lists at mokum.org
Fri Dec 17 03:00:19 MST 2004

My set up is quite simple: Redhat 9, Asterisk CV-HEAD from
07/11/04-13:04:22; TDM400P card, FXO card (X101P now unused) and a Fritz!
AVM pci ISDN card.

It works.

But...just got an adsi PT390 phone and with some help from the nice people
at Sayson got some basic programming into it. The programming came from
dialling over a traditional phone line however and not from Asterisk.
Whenever I dial into Asterisk to program it, I get the correct messages
that its an adsi compliant phone, attempting upload and then I hear a
short beep and the phone hangs up.

When I dial into one of Sayson's servers from Asterisk, the same happens.
Only going over a traditional phone line, do I get anywhere.

Here's my theory:

the TDM400P card is not dealing with the data signalling correctly. After
a lot of googling and wiki work, I have checked the interrupts and see
that:

           CPU0
  0:  344331040          XT-PIC  timer
  1:         66          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:          0          XT-PIC  usb-ohci
  5:  852647991          XT-PIC  fcpci, wctdm
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
 10: 3457355287          XT-PIC  eth0, wcfxo
 12:          6          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:    3031110          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:          0          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          1
ERR:          0

Now, this looks like ethernet and the 101 card are sharing the same IRQ
(probably not an issue as that card is currently unused) but that the
fritz ISDN card (fcpci) and the TDM card are also sharing the same IRQ and
that -could- (is?) a problem.

As I say, the system works. I can dial out from the phone and receive
calls into it fine. But I wonder whether the data exchange required by the
ADSI programming is not working because of the IRQ sharing.

Can anyone confirm this?

Also, if there are other helpful hints about any other setup issue which
might be causing ADSI not to program, please advise.

I'm in the Netherlands, so my ISDN is from KPN. I"ve tried the TDM card
with loadzone=us and =nl and no difference. Also have tried changing
indiciations.conf between nl and us to see if this has any affect. Still
no change. In zaptel.conf I have kewl start selected figuring.

Any suggestions welcome.

cw

--
Chris