[Asterisk-Users] How "expensive" are the different codecs?(Regarding CPU time)

Michael Vogel icarus at dabo.de
Thu Dec 16 22:57:02 MST 2004

Jim Van Meggelen schrieb:

> Hmmm. I propose that we make your system the list guinea pig!  If we can
> get that one tweaked, there's no telling what alse we can do with
> Asterisk!

I'm not really sure that I completely get the meaning of this sentence.
(Which can be because of the fact that its 06:47 AM or that I'm no
native speaker or both ;-)) But I guess you meant that we could try to
test everything that is known to work - including some voodo - and to
see if it works? ;-)

> Have you tried running Asterisk at pseudo-realtime priority? (asterisk
> -p)

That helps in one way: At the moment my system is doing its morning
routine. That means it makes a tar archieve of my /home directory to my
backup drive. With the -p option the "show translation"-values are equal
to the values when my system is idle.

I guess this option could help me a lot regarding the sound problems I
got sometimes.

Bye!

Michael