[Asterisk-Users] Rapid DTMF entry failure

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Thu Dec 16 19:00:12 MST 2004

Greg,

How fast is fast? The DTMF detector is tested at the maximum specified
rate - 10 digits per second - and gives no problems. Some systems do not
control the rate properly, and allow the gaps between tone pulses to be
completely eliminated. This contravenes the spec., and does not work.
The detector is lifted from my spandsp library. You can download and try
that yourself. It contains a full test suite for the DTMF decoder :-)

Steve