[Asterisk-Users] Hardware based DSP

Shahed shahed at enoor.com
Thu Dec 16 21:23:08 MST 2004

Hi All,

Is it correct to say that by design,  asterisk wont make use of any cards
hardware dsp capabilities ?

I don't think that any of the hardware cards currently supported
have any dsp capabilities, but I wanted to know if for example,
in the future a driver was written for a card that did have dsp
capabilities,
would asterisk be able to make any use of it ?

I am only just starting out with asterisk, and have not fully understood
the architecture yet, but it seems that in order to handle VoIP and PSTN
seamlessly, all dsp related functionality has to be handled by software ????

Thanks
Shahed