[Asterisk-Users] VoIP Termination

Mike Diehl (Encrypted email preferred) mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Thu Dec 16 15:20:37 MST 2004

On Thursday 16 December 2004 02:45 pm, Julio Arruda wrote:

> Mike,
> I was a happy P8 user for 18 months, just keep in mind that theirs (and
> most of the "consumer market" voip providers) unlimited plans could be
> in theory abused by telemarketers and etc.

One of the other responders told me that P8 didn't allow termination to
Asterisk.  Did you simply do it on the sly?  Or is this simply not true?

> You will notice that almost all the "unlimited VOIP plans" have some
> kind of safeguard/policy like that. The good part is, IMHO, with VOIP,
> you are really free to choose :-) and running asterisk just give you
> even more flexibility.

Exactly!  Real choice.  And it turns out that I don't have to shop "features"
between the various providers.  Any feature that they may provide, I can
provide with Asterisk.  That simplified my choice.  It came down to money and
policy.

> You may want to take also a look at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/voip
> They have quite few users of each of the consumer VOIP providers, and
> you should be able to have a feeling about how good/bad are their
> experiences.

I will look at this.  Thanx,
--
Mike