[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: Asterisk on SuSE 9.1?

Reinhard Max max at suse.de
Thu Dec 16 11:10:13 MST 2004

Hi,

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 at 09:33, Rick Green wrote:

>  (WHy is this?! I've noticed it with every sound card I've ever
> tried, and it infuriates me that I have to deal with feedback from
> the analog loopback in the sound card!  Supposedly these soundards
> are full-duplex, so why are they looped by default, instead of
> keeping the inputs and outputs totally separated!)

maybe because the sound cards are also being used for karaoke.

>   ANybody know how to do an alsa.conf or set a mixer to fix this?

Turn down the controller for the mic completely. It only controls how
much from the mic's signal goes through the analog mixer directly to
the speaker or line output, but has usually nothing to do with
capturing.

Then make sure that you have selected the mic as the input for
capturing, and use the input gain controller to adjust the recording
level. Depending on the sound card the mixer might have additional
controls like a switch for a 2nd microphone or a mic boost switch that
might need to be adjusted to get capturing from the mic working
properly.

cu
	Reinhard