[Asterisk-Users] How to tell "Who's Online"?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Dec 16 10:07:20 MST 2004

> > > if I'm missing something obvious, but I couldn't find any console
> > > command to show users online.
> >
> > sip show peers
> > iax2 show peers
>

> Thank you,
>
> Do you know, if an IAXy device (or anything else speaking IAX2)
> disappears, how long will it be (minutes, hours?) before Asterisk
> notices they are offline, and "iax2 show peers" will reflect the change
> of online status?

Take a close look at parameters documented in
 /usr/src/asterisk/configs/sip.conf.sample

and you'll see something like:

;qualify=1000                   ; Consider it down if it's 1 second to reply

That statement essentially tries to contact a sip phone every second.
If it can't each the phone, you will see unreachable messages on the CLI
and in the 'sip show peers'.