[Asterisk-Users] My Boss wants background music!!!!

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Thu Dec 16 04:06:43 MST 2004

Satchid wrote:
> Dear Members,
>
> As I said he needs background music on every telephone this is not to be
> mistaken with music on hold.
> The bit stream is an MP3 file of 8 Kbs. At the server it might be at the
> maximum 570Kbs if it has to send it individually to each telephone.
> The network: 10/100 layer-3 switches with QoS on a 1000Mbs backbone.

You can do this with a multiline phone by setting up  an extension like
this:

  exten => 201,1,SetMusicOnHold(emp)
  exten => 201,2,Answer()
  exten => 201,3,MusicOnHold()
  exten => 201,4,Hangup

Then be sure you have the emp music class setup in musiconhold.conf:

emp => quietmp3nb:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/emp,-z

This works fine. Users use one line to dial in to this and let it run on
speaker phone.
When a call comes in, it is on another line and can be picked up.
When they hang up, they resume the music line.

--

respectfully, Joseph