[Asterisk-Users] SIP Server question / recommendations

Shahed shahed at enoor.com
Wed Dec 15 18:09:47 MST 2004

Hello All,
I am new to *, and this is my first post on the user list.

I have had success with making / receiving calls to a SIP hardware Phone
and the
Console Channel Driver.

My SIP phone *requires* that I register with a SIP server. For this, I
used the NIST
sip presence server (a version that I downloaded almost a year ago).

I have a problem with getting asterisk to register properly, (using
domain names) etc,
but I did get it to work.

Can anyone please suggest what would be a good SIP server to use, or is
there a way in which
I can use asterisk itself as a SIP server for my phone and make calls to
it using the console ??

Thanks
Shahed