[Asterisk-Users] wcfxs causing constant CPU spikes

Eric Bishop asterisk.eric at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 15:37:02 MST 2004

Hi All,

I have a problem (at least I think it's a problem) where the wcfxs
module causes constant CPU usage spikes. The card being used is a
Digium Wildcard TDM400P with 3 FXO modules and 1 FXS (TDM31B).

Monitoring my otherwise idle asterisk box (with top) I see once every
3-5 seconds hi (hardware interrupt) spike to 30%-40% and then drop
back to 0 again. This is the case wtih both asterisk stable and CVS
HEAD. I am running Fedora Core 2 (also tried with Fedora Core 3). I
have also tried installing a vanilla kernel as suggested previously on
the list, all with the same result. Unloading the wcfxs module fixes
the problem.

Is this normal for the wcfxs module or am I being paranoid?