[Asterisk-Users] Re: 12.50$ per port ???

Matt Klein mklein at nmedia.net
Wed Dec 15 03:12:57 MST 2004

Shoval,
    Interesting Mention. I agree, most people don't have CO exp. And I
wish daily I had enough.

Understand that what I mean by my e-mail is consumer side FXS ports, in
broader terms, I mean, customer picks up a phone line, it signals a
channel bank which signals *. 24 of those channels.

Not channels equipped to Send Signal to the CO that a loop has been made..
meaning FXO.

24 FXS, $100. I don't deal with FXO since I deal w/ PRI.. and do not need
FXO ports.

My thought here was related to downstream customers.. which in the this
world implies FXS.

Talk was mentioned for DSPs.. Echo Can and Codec Management, this
interests me because of the unique hardware requirements of the 4 port
cards.. mainly in interrupts and CPU usage. Fit 10 cards to one system,
that's 40 ports.. fit double density, that's 80.. this interests me on the
cPCI platform. Others know what I think about this and why.

Beyodn that, my point here is 1) Buy a T400P for $800 and 2) Buy 4 Carrier
Access Channel Banks for $100 and 3) You'll have a 96 Downstream Port
solution for $1200, meaning $12.50 a Port NRC.

If you can find a cheaper *OR* easier solution, let me know. Because it'll
save me money and you'll be my friend. ;)

As for FXO, my best solution was Mainstreet Newbridge 3624s from Ebay for
about $150-$300 a box w/ 12 port FXOs a while back. Then I moved to PRI
for the capability of setting Caller ID easily (e&m was a pain in the..).

wherd

-Matt

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
of the  freedom of the  people by  gradual and silent
encroachments of  those in power  than by violent and
sudden usurpations."  - James Madison