[Asterisk-Users] X100P and Mitel SX-2000 Light

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Wed Dec 15 01:24:08 MST 2004

Zachary McGibbon wrote:
> I've configured an analog/single line off my mitel sx-2000 to a x100p
> card in my *, however when the remote caller drops the line I get a
> dialtone back from my pbx and the x100p doesn't detect the end of the
> call.  Any way I can tell * to drop?  I've tried call progress but it
> doesn't seem to work...

The Mitel is not dropping the line voltage to indicate to the X100P that
the call has ended.  If there's a way to enable this on the PBX then do
so.  It's commonly called Disconnect Supervision.  MANY PBXs simply
don't support disconnect supervision on their FXS ports.   You can play
with the busydetect and busycount options in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
to see if that helps.

The way I usually link Asterisk with a legacy PBX is to use the TDM400P
card with FXS modules.  Then just plug Asterisk into the CO/Trunk ports
on the PBX.  Asterisk does not provide Disconnect Supervision on the FXS
ports either but the PBXs I've worked with seem to detect the congestion
tone Asterisk provides as a disconnect and it works pretty well.

--Eric

--
I am seeking part or full time employment in the Greater Toronto Area,
My preference is part time employment with some telecommuting, but all