[Asterisk-Users] Confirm MWI doesnt work with SIP RealTime?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Dec 15 00:56:41 MST 2004

Matthew Boehm wrote:
> Can someone else confirm that your phone does not recieve MWIs when using
> SIP and RealTime?
Yes, confirmed.

> Is this a problem with SIP or with Voicemail?

With the realtime architecture, really.

Realtime Peers (or Mysql Friends in 1.0) does not stay in memory,
as does the static peers. We can only support NAt traversal keepalives
(Qualify=yes) and MWI notification for peers that we have in memory,
not the ones in the database. However, I believe you can load all peers
in memory with the realtime architecture (static configuration) instead
of using realtime peers...

/O