[Asterisk-Users] 99% CPU

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Tue Dec 14 14:45:11 MST 2004

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 11:21:06AM -0500, Goutam Shaw spake thusly:
> I upgraded to 1.0 release recently from 0.9 and noticed that * is running at
> 99% CPU.  Is there a known problem?

Does it say anything about the console sound device not working or
something when asterisk starts? I once had a problem with asterisk using
100% cpu because the sound chipset in my system was not full duplex or
something. Uncomment:

;noload => chan_oss.so

in /etc/asterisk/modules.conf if you get such an error.

--
Tracy Reed    http://copilotcom.com
This message is cryptographically signed for your protection.