[Asterisk-Users] Very Cool.........Asterisk Made Wired Magazine

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 13:19:13 MST 2004

> I have to ask
> myself: Is the mentality of the press nothing more than a sensible
> response to the interests of their audience?

Whoa... I haven't heard stuff this heavy since my Jimi Hendrix days!

> > I always thought Wired was more of a yuppie lifestyle
> > magazine than one to attract phrackers or real hackers.
> I agree, but they are somewhat of a cultural barometer; not perhaps if
> you know where the real culture is at, but certainly if you're a
> wannabe.

I meant WRT a possible influx of interested users, but maybe there
will be. They'll all be Mac owners though...

> > Still, there may be an influx of newbies looking to
> Hope springs eternal . . . :-Þ

I meant people interested in asterix, not cid spoofing, obviously :)

> I suspect that a big problem there is that said magazines are funded by
> their advertisers.

Oh my, TWO hits in one post! Where's my hash pipe? Dude... you know the truth!

Yup, well, asterisk isn't really for the suits reading PC Mag, is it?
It needs to be taken up by those that deal with the suits though if it
wants to grow that much, which, I for one would regret.

I think we all would like to see our heros *richly* rewarded for their
pioneering
work in voIP - yet - wouldn't we all *hate* to for it to become too
mainstream?

What if you didn't have to try a bunch of providers and interface
cards and mobos and distros and releases and dialplans anymore? What
if it just worked perfectly every time and never needed tweeking.

BUMMER! I'm comin' down!