[Asterisk-Users] Virtual Modems

Chris Parker cparker at teledvance.com
Tue Dec 14 11:51:42 MST 2004

I think for now you are stuck with modem pass through. Our company does
a lot of Fax over IP applications and T.38 is used exclusively for
faxing.

There has been some work on modem relay but it is still in the white
paper stage at this point. There is an ITU protocol V.150 designed for
modem relay over IP but I have yet to see any devices out there that
support it.

Here's a good albeit dated article on the topic:

http://www.commsdesign.com/design_corner/OEG20030312S0017