[Asterisk-Users] How can i test a modem with Asterisk?

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Tue Dec 14 08:48:08 MST 2004

>>I'm thinking in sending a mail for asking WHY THE HELL they can't support
>>bare modems, even if they have voice support

As someone else mentioned, modems suck for voice.  It seems that the
people that want to use modems with Asterisk are the same people that do
not have the training and experience to write drivers for them.  i.e.
people with the training and experience in writing linux drivers are
people with the money to just buy supported hardware.

--Eric