[Asterisk-Users] Cisco Router FXO / Skinny

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Tue Dec 14 08:19:28 MST 2004

>>Does anyone know how to use the cisco router with an fxo wic with
>>Asterisk? I don't have enough space on this device to support an IOS
>>that supports sip or h323. Currently the only one signaling in there
>>says Cisco. I assume this is the skinny protocol.

www.kingston.com has inexpensive DRAM and FLASH upgrades for Cisco (and
many other devices).  For my 1750 I upgraded the DRAM, but not the
flash.  I tell the router to load it's IOS via TFTP from a local server.
  It works reasonably well.

--Eric
--
I am seeking part or full time employment in the Greater Toronto Area,
My preference is part time employment with some telecommuting, but all